Member Since November 05, 2019
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Many Rivers helps people to start and grow their own small business. We help people who are out of work to become self-employed and offer business coaching and financial support so people can open their own business. Our clients have real ideas, but often have obstacles like finance access, holding them back. There's no cost to get our support and we need to make sure we're supporting people that need our help the most.
Many Rivers works alongside individuals and communities over the long-term offering support to start, maintain and grow a business idea. With this support, individuals can regain control of their financial future, reduce personal stress, move away from welfare dependency, provide for their families and contribute more productively to society.
What we do:
- Microenterprise Development (MED) – to support individuals to start, stay and thrive in business
- Community Economic Development (CED) – to support indigenous organisations and their communities to achieve reach economic outcomes
How we do it
Many Rivers provides intensive support that is targeted to meet our clients’ individual needs. Our Microenterprise Development Managers live and work in the communities they serve and spend as much time as required with each client to help them gain the skills and knowledge to start and sustain their business idea. This includes:
- Understanding and meeting business registration and insurance requirements
- Market research and marketing ideas
- Risk analysis
- Review of cashflow and bookkeeping support
- Establishing links with customers and suppliers
- Pro bono legal advice
- Access to microfinance loans to help get the business started – based on an assessment of the individual’s character, capacity and cashflow
A critical element of Many Rivers’ approach is our commitment to a long term, multi-year journey with a client and their business, supporting clients as life and challenges arise that might impact the sustainability of their businesses.
Can Many Rivers help you?
Many Rivers is here to help people start small businesses and grow existing businesses. To find out if we are the right fit for your needs please follow this LINK to complete the form shown.
Joy Thacker is Many Rivers' Microenterprise Development Managers working in Perth. Contact Joy to discuss your business idea or how Many Rivers could help you.