Master Painters & Decorators Australia
Member Since June 09, 2019
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Master Painters & Decorators Australia is an independent not for proﬁt organisation founded in 1911.
Membership is available to people who are registered painting contractors with registered practitioner supervisors in Western Australia. They are all business owners and most employ other qualiﬁed trades people and/or apprentices.
HOW WE ASSIST AND PROTECT CONSUMERS
Our online directory makes it easy to ﬁnd a registered painter & decorator. Listing on our directory is only available to members.
Our Code of Conduct requires members to adhere to high standards in every aspect of their business practice. Our Management Committee investigates all reports of any behaviour that breaches the “Code” and has the power to cancel memberships.
Our members perform quality work that complies with relevant standards, laws and regulations, unlike unqualiﬁed painters whose work is may be substandard and often illegal.
Members are fully insured providing protection in contrast to unregistered painters who are often uninsured.
We offer an inspection and mediation service to the general public.
HOW WE SUPPORT OUR MEMBERS
- We help members stay up-to-date with changes to legislation, new technologies and products, and other relevant information. This helps them provide consumers with a more professional and knowledgeable level of service.
- We provide members with assistance in business areas such as marketing and business planning.
- We offer members technical support and an inspection and mediation
- We help members ﬁnd suitable apprentices and qualiﬁed tradespeople to employ.
- Our “Find A Painter” online directory advertises and promotes members, providing a referral service for new work opportunities.
- Members can use our logo, which consumers recognise as a symbol of credibility and trustworthiness.
- We advocate on behalf of the industry to government policy makers and other stakeholders.
For more information about the beneﬁts and services available to members click here.
DON’T RISK IT. USE A MASTER PAINTER.
Consumers need to be aware of the costly risks that are associated with poor quality workmanship. When you engage a painter and decorator, they need to be registered by the Building and Energy [previously known as the Building Commission] and hold a Certificate of Currency for their Public Liability Insurances.
Not all painters are the same so by choosing a member of Master Painters and Decorators Australia [MP&DA], you are not only hiring a professional Master Painter who is registered, but is trained to leading industry standards.
A Master Painter also operates their business in accordance to the MP&DA Code of Ethics and follows best practice in environmental management too.
By using a Master Painter, you’ll have complete peace of mind knowing that:
- Your Master Painter is a fully-qualified, police cleared professional and has proven industry experience
- Your Master Painter will provide high-quality workmanship and attention-to-detail
- Your Master Painter will provide professional advice and support
- Your Master Painter will uphold best practice environmental requirements
- Your Master Painter will abide the Master Painters and Decorators Australia’s Code of Ethics
- Your Master Painter cares about customer satisfaction and the end result
To find a Master Painter in your area, visit masterpainters.asn.au/find-a-painter
MP&DA TRAINING ORGANISATION
MPA Skills is a Registered Training Organisation [RTO] and Group Training Organisation.
MPA Skills provides training to over 1200 students in painting and decorating and plumbing and gasfitting in Western Australia. MPA Skills provides school-based trade training in partnership with three secondary colleges and their feeder schools. Additionally, MPA Skills conduct multiple pre-apprenticeship programs annually and provide training to approximately 50 per cent of painting apprentices and 60 per cent of metropolitan plumbing apprentices in Western Australia.
Advanced training opportunities for upskilling, registration and licensing are also offered to both industries.
With three campuses across the metropolitan area, Maylands, Bayswater and Jandakot, MPA Skills are leaders in training for painters and plumbers.
The visionaries of the painting & plumbing industries in years past have ensured a vibrant future for the youth of Western Australia in both industries by creating their own trade training centres.
For further information please contact MPA Skills on 08 9471 6600 or visit mpaskills.com.au
MP&DA APPRENTICE EMPLOYMENT
Master Painters & Decorators Australia together with the Master Plumbers & Gasfitters Association of WA are the proud owners of MPA Skills.
MPA Skills is a registered Group Training and Training organisation.
GROUP TRAINING - APPRENTICE EMPLOYMENT
The organisation employs apprentices using the "Group Training" model, where the apprentice is employed by MPA Skills but works on site with a "host employer". MPA Skills currently employs over 250 apprentices across painting & decorating and plumbing & gasfitting in Western Australia. Their host employers are usually members of the associations, supporting the ethos "For Industry, by Industry". For further information please contact Apprentice Employment on 9471 6600 or click on the MPA Skills link above.